Maglite Mini Maglite Pro 2-AA Cell LED

This is my go-to light. Efficient, lightweight, and…

Price Paid: Retail price

Summary

This is my go-to light. Efficient, lightweight, and practical.

Pros

• Bright
  • Built strong
  • Extra bulb

Cons

• Doesn't come with a lanyard.
  • Useless belt sheath that the light could easily fall out of in rough terrain.

These are lightweight, practical flashlights. I like the AA battery lights because when I'm hiking, all of my battery powered gear takes "AA's".

This light is bright enough and not only can it be used in beam and flood, but also if you unscrew it all the way, it can be used as an emergency lantern. The sheath can be dangerous in rough terrain because you can push it out with your leg or gear and lose it for good. That is why I add lanyards and carabiners to all my gear. It does have a hole for a lanyard though.

I probably own about 10 of these between my wife and I of various colors and business engravings.

Best light that I own!!! I promise!!! Coolest little…

Price Paid: $24 at Lowes

Summary

Best light that I own!!! I promise!!!

Pros

• Durability and strength
  • Bright light for a small torch
  • Cheap
  • Uses 2 standard AA
  • Cool little belt pouch with it
  • Extra bulbs are easy to find
  • Good warranty

Cons

• Fits loose in the pouch it comes with

Coolest little light I own. After I took it with me for a weekend hike, it's the only one I bring. It's as tough as the classic Maglites, and as bright as the older larger cells.

Dropped a few times to see how it would hold up, and it did. Dunked it in the creek a few times, and it still works. I'm not saying swim with it, but if it gets wet... you're still good to go. It fits a little loose in the belt pouch it comes with, but I put some thin cordage on it and some apoxy... and it's snug as hell now.

I would tell anyone looking for a small lightweight flashlight to go with this small monster.

Maglite Mini Maglite Pro 2-AA Cell LED

The Maglite Mini Maglite Pro 2-AA Cell LED is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 3, 2014 at REI.

If you're looking for a new flashlight, check out the best reviewed current models.