Mammut Champ Pants

These are my favorite all around pants. They are light,…

Fabric: schoeller dryskin extreme bi-stretch

These are my favorite all around pants. They are light, breathable, fast drying, comfortable, and easy to move in. They have 2 hand pockets with zips, 1 butt pocket with a zip, and a thigh pocket with velcro. I'm not a fan of velcro (esp in the snow) but it seems to work ok.

The waist and ankles are stretchy, and the ankles also taper with a zip. The pockets have a nice satiny lining(except the thigh pocket) which keeps them from bunching and makes access easy. The pants also take a belt plus have suspender loops as an added choice. Lastly, the high wear areas like knee and seat and even the inner thigh have extra material. Personally I've nicked them more than a few times with crampons but they repair easily.

I don't know if there's anything special about them, other than a great design both functionally and aesthetically, but they're the pants I grab for all occasions.

Mammut Men's Champ Pants

The Men's Champ Pants has been discontinued.

The Mammut Men's Champ Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.