Mammut Courmayer Pants

I love these pants! Because of the European sizing…

Fabric: Schoeller 3XDRY

I love these pants! Because of the European sizing options, you can pick the waist/length that is right for you instead of being limited to the standard S/M/L offerings in the US. I used these pants for 8 out of 9 days while on a trip in Ecuador this summer. The pants are lightweight and the excellent fit makes them extremely comfortable to wear. The lightweight Schoeller 3XDRY breathes exceptionally well and provided enough water resistance to keep my dry while scrambling over snow covered rocks.

While not windproof, these pants offered enough protection to keep me warm while hiking in extremely windy conditions. I intentionally searched for the taupe/khaki color of these pants so that they would be more comfortable when wearing them in intense sunlight.

If you are anticipating rain, or being in deep snow, these pants would not be appropriate. However, for the majority of conditions that are encountered in the backcountry, I would consider these pants to be ideal.

Mammut Courmayer Pants

The Courmayer Pants has been discontinued.

The Mammut Courmayer Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 21, 2009 at OMCgear.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.