Mammut Marconi GTX

I'm pleased with these boots overall. These boots…

I'm pleased with these boots overall. These boots are very stiff, but, I think they're supposed to be.

I've had them about a month and have wore them around town and just wore them on about a 10-11 mile backpacking trip in cold icy conditions. When I started the trip there was snow and temps were around 25 degress F. I climbed and descended what I consider to be a steep, rocky, rooty trail, Alum cave trail - Smokies.

About 1/3 of the way up I attached crampons to the boot and they held great. I made it to the top where the temp was 0 degrees F with warm feet and no hot spots. However, once I stopped moving my feet did get cold, as did the rest of my body though.

For the overnight I placed a disposable hand warmer in each boot and when I woke up the next morning the boots were dry. I put the boots on at -2 degrees F with fresh dry socks and my feet were very comfortable.

On the way down the mountain I did get 4 hot spots and 2 blisters. I think my feet are almost broken in to the boots now. I think the blisters are really from me rolling my ankles so many times on this trail due to crampons. The blisters were not the normal spots and were on the sides of my feet.

As for ankle support, I would have to give these boots a perfect score. I rolled my ankles at least 100 times and never really hurt them except for soreness at the end of the trip. The lacing is impressive and seems to let you adjust lace tension into 3 zones.

I like these boots and would recomend them.

CLOSEOUTS . Alpine adventurers listen up; Mammut's Marconi mountaineering boots are ready to tackle your most extreme climbs thanks to a waterproof breathable Gore-Tex(R) membrane, a heavy-duty cushioned upper and stability-inducing construction. Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex(R) membrane Crampon compatible Leather and nylon mesh upper with rubber toe rand Asymmetric anatomical lacing Foam-padded gusseted tongue Removable OrthoLite(R) cushioned insole Anatomically shaped heel cap prevents the foot from twisting outwards Vibram(R) Teton rubber outsole Height: 8 Weight: 4 lb. 6 oz. pr. By Mammut of Switzerland Medium width Made in Romania Runs small, order 1_2 size larger. Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

Mammut Marconi GTX

The Marconi GTX has been discontinued.

The Mammut Marconi GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 21, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.