Mammut Mirage

I use this harness for sport climbing and mountaineering.

I use this harness for sport climbing and mountaineering. I bought one for me and one for my oldest daughter.

I don't much like the buckle design but it does seem to work.  However it is nice and light and doesn't weigh down my pack when I hike.  The tradeoff with light weight is the thinner padding which I feel when I hang for any period of time.  I may buy a more padded harness for me to use sport climbing sooner or later and keep this one for friends and mountaineering.

I got it for a great deal on clearance so that makes it all worth it.  For the price of a dinner at a decent restaurant it's a nice all-around harness.

The Mammut Mirage is your harness if you are looking for wearing comfort blended with user-friendliness.

- All Mountain Access

Save room in your climbing gear duffel with the one-for-everything Mammut Mirage harness. This adaptable design is super-tough with a Hypalon skeleton and weight-distributing edge tape while trapezoidal, adjustable leg loops provide a comfortable fit that can accommodate the layers needed for alpine climbing. Four beefy loops hold all the gear you needs for sport or trad routes. The XL size accommodates waist sizes as small as 34 inches.

- Mountain Gear

Allaround climbing harness with an optimum blend of wearing comfort weight and userfriendliness Adjustable leg loops make it an ideal companion for alpine terrain as well as sport climbing routes Features Fullstrength edgetape spreads the load over the entire width of the belt New exclusive Mammut Slide Bloc buckles on hip belt two threadback buckles on leg loops Hypalon skeleton for increased support Trapezoidal Y leg loops for anatomical fit 4 stiffened cord gear loops Patented tiein protector guards the harness from wear and tear Functional drop seat buckle and haul loopNote that this item of climbing safety equipment is nonreturnable Please call us toll free at 8772368428 or email bentgatebentgatecom with any questions

- Bentgate.com

The Mammut Mirage Rick Climbing Harness is an entry level all-around climbing harness with a focused blend of wearing comfort, weight, and user-friendliness. Adjustable leg loops to optimize different climbing conditions. Full strength edge tape spreads the load over the entire width of the belt. Mammut's exclusive Slide Bloc buckles on hip belt make tightening the harness an easy process| Two thread back buckles on leg loops. Hypalon skeleton for increased support. Trapezoidal Y leg loops for anatomical fit. 4 molded gear loops made of HYTREL. Patented tie in protector guards to insure long life. Weight: 470 g. Medium fits size 32-34 in. waist

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Mammut's Mirage is an all-around climbing harness with an optimum blend of wearing comfort, weight and user-friendliness. Adjustable leg loops make it an ideal companion for alpine terrain as well as sport climbing routes.

- CampSaver.com

Mammut Mirage

The Mirage has been discontinued.

The Mammut Mirage is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 4, 2014 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new sit harness, check out the best reviewed current models.