I use this harness for sport climbing and mountaineering.

I use this harness for sport climbing and mountaineering. I bought one for me and one for my oldest daughter.

I don't much like the buckle design but it does seem to work.  However it is nice and light and doesn't weigh down my pack when I hike.  The tradeoff with light weight is the thinner padding which I feel when I hang for any period of time.  I may buy a more padded harness for me to use sport climbing sooner or later and keep this one for friends and mountaineering.

I got it for a great deal on clearance so that makes it all worth it.  For the price of a dinner at a decent restaurant it's a nice all-around harness.

Mammut Mirage

The Mirage has been discontinued.

The Mammut Mirage is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 31, 2016 at Mountain Gear.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review