Mammut Zupo Pants

This pants have a nice slim profile, which thrilled…

Fabric: Schoeller Dryskin

This pants have a nice slim profile, which thrilled me not just because finally I found a pair of heavy duty hiking pants that looked great, but of course they sit better, too.

I found that after a day's hiking they stretched, however, and seemed to get longer and longer, bunching up around the ankles! No wonder there are hooks to attach suspenders to keep these pants up, though I'm not sure where to get the suspenders.

I also had temperature problems with the pants. I was hiking on a fall day in the mountains and had variable temperatures, mostly in the 60s, but there were moments when these pants were just too hot and seemed to retain heat. But on a cool night they didn't seem to keep me warm at all.

I have the light grey Zupo Pants, which weren't very dirt resistant. They got pretty muddy and I've put them through the wash twice on warm and they're still dirty.

Still, I would certainly recommend the pants, especially if you get the closeout models at great prices. These pants can last years of wear, I'm sure.

Mammut builds these high-tech pants of space-age Schoeller Extreme Dryskin fabric, with 3XDRY

- Sierra Trading Post

Mammut Zupo Pants

The Zupo Pants has been discontinued.

The Mammut Zupo Pants is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.