Marker F10 Tour

Weight 1806 g / 1844 g (Large)

Light-ish frame style tour binding for the rest of…

Price Paid: $400 with skis

Summary

Light-ish frame style tour binding for the rest of us.

Pros

• Lighter than other frame-style bindings
  • Fit regular boots
  • Solid downhill
  • Simple to use
  • Release ratings within my ability range

Cons

• Issue with heel riser required tweaking
  • Must remove boots to switch from skin to ski modes

My first tour bindings. I ski 80% in bounds so solid downhill performance is important to me and I also need to watch my weight because I also go on dawn patrol and up mountains on occasion. I had heard that these rattle, but saw none of that.

Marker makes several frame-style tour bindings and I was not ready to shell out the coin for bindings that release at 12 and weigh more than the skis they are attached to. Plus I don't need that much burliness since I am just a moderate (blue/black) skier.

In climbing mode, in the background

I know that Dynafit-style skis are the thing for ultimate lightweight, but I couldn't justify their cost and the deal I got on the skis was too good to pass up. Plus my boots aren't Dynafit compatible.

I had an issue with a heel lifter not staying up while on Mt. Baker which required pliers to fix, but other than that I love these bindings.

Mt Rainier

I have ridden these a full season now and they appear brand new and there is no slop or excessive flex in them that makes me think that they will wear out any time soon.

bIMG_6041.jpg
Mt Hood

Best for: Primarily in-bounds skiers who venture out to the mountains for the occasional tour or climb. Skiers who want to save some weight and don't need a DIN 12 release.