Marmot Alpinist II Jacket

This is the best jacket I have ever used. I bought…

Fabric: 3-layer gore-tex
Fill: qaulity
Price Paid: $225, reg. 415

This is the best jacket I have ever used. I bought the jacket while living in Nome, Alaska. It kept the wind and the elements out and the heat in. I spent time in Cordova and Valdez, Alaska, which are both known for cold hard wet weather. The jacket performed great. Marmot has won me over as a customer. All the gear I have from Marmot, is great stuff. The price is high, but it is worth it. For those who need a jacket for the harshness of nature, this one is great.

Marmot has really hit it on the head with this one.

Fabric: 3ply Gore-tex

Marmot has really hit it on the head with this one. The jacket has every feature you could want: five pockets, five-way adjustable hood, waterproof pit zips (no need for velcro anymore), elastic and velcro cuffs. And the fit is spectacular! I do some pretty serious backpacking and have abused this jacket for a year, all seasons. I shopped long and hard for the right jacket...this is it. The quality of the construction is the best I have seen. I have been treated well by this jacket, and that is what counts; Not that it has a TNF logo on it or whether it looks good on the slope. Highly recommended for anyone who only wants to have to buy a Gore-Tex jacket Once.

Marmot Alpinist II Jacket

The Alpinist II Jacket has been discontinued.

The Marmot Alpinist II Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new waterproof jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016