Marmot Bastione Component Jacket

I love this jacket. I've had this jacket for one winter…

Summary

I love this jacket.

Pros

• warm
  • versatile
  • durable
  • adjustable
  • breathable
  • waterproof
  • windproof

I've had this jacket for one winter now, and I'm very happy with it so far. It's very warm — even just the liner is almost unbearable if it isn't cold enough outside (a good thing, in my book), and with the shell it's also wind and water proof. The shell alone makes a good rain jacket, but it might be a little too heavy for summer.

I'm a cold-blooded individual living in northern Minnesota, and it has kept me warm, which is saying something. I've used it day-to-day around town and also on several winter hiking/camping adventures. One detail that really stands out to me is that after many nights sitting close to a raging campfire, there are ZERO burn marks on it (the shell. I don't think the liner would fare as well). I have an old Marmot Precip that's pockmarked with cinder holes.

It's versatile, comfortable, durable (so far), reasonably light-weight, as breathable as you could hope it to be, layers well, has good range of motion, is adjustable almost everywhere it should be, has great pockets, and has lovely minimalist styling.

The one minor gripe I have is that there's no way to cinch up the collar, but with a balaclava and/or hooded sweatshirt it's not a problem

Apparently, Marmot designed this as a ski jacket...I'm not a skier, but I've found it to be a great all-around winter jacket.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Bastione Component Jacket, please share your experience.

Marmot Bastione Component Jacket

The Marmot Bastione Component Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 21, 2014 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new component (3-in-1) jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Weight 3 lb 1.6 oz / 1406.1 g
Main Material 100% Nylon Mini Ripstop DWR 1.6 oz / yd (Liner), MemBrain®10 2L 100% Nylon 4.7 oz / yd
Lining Material 100% Nylon WR 1.3 oz / yd (Liner), 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.3 oz / yd
Insulation Material Thermal R