Marmot Cauldron Hoody

This jacket is very warm! Did not know if I would…

Summary

This jacket is very warm! Did not know if I would like the hood but now I can't live without it! I am 6' 3" 180lbs and like the slim fit of the medium. The velcro cuff adjustment is great.

Pros

• Warm
  • Compressible
  • Good fit

Cons

• none

The Cauldron fits me good, and is very adjustable from the hood to cuffs to bottom, good length, covers my butt and I am 6' 3".

It does have some water repellency, but you do need a hard shell to cover it in the rain of course and I use a REI Shuksan as a shell and it covers perfectly! I like the synthetics in case you do get it wet it will retain body heat verses down fill.

I get cold very easily and needed something to do the job and I just took a chance on this jacket after much research. I am glad I did. The jacket will compress down to the size of a large grapefruit, maybe not as small as a down sweater type jacket though.

The hood is a nice bonus — didn't think I would like it but it sure comes in handy. All in all it is very versatile and very warm. For the money you can't beat it.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Cauldron Hoody, please share your experience.

Marmot Cauldron Hoody

$150.00 (men's)

The Marmot Cauldron Hoody is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 26, 2013 at REI.

If you're looking for a new synthetic insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

men's