Marmot Cloud 9

Damn! This bag is warm. Like the site said, this bag…

Design: Mommy :)
Fill: Polarguard 3d
Temperature Rating: -5
Weight: 4lbs

Damn! This bag is warm. Like the site said, this bag makes warm toast look cold.

I love it. Everyone should have one. The design incorporates a Gossamer nylon shell for durability and Water repellency. First glance I thought it was DryLoft or an Epic fabric, but I got all the facts from the MFG.

A definite must have for snow cavers like me. You might want to consider a larger pack though, something around 5000 or more. This bag doesn't exactly stuff like a Western Mountaineering Apache.

I have the large version of this bag. I'm 6'2", 220…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard
Temperature Rating: -5F
Weight: 4 lbs (?)
Price Paid: $175 on sale

I have the large version of this bag. I'm 6'2", 220 lbs, and this bag is more than big enough for me. I swim in this bag, and no, it's not too big. Marmot has made it wider at the shoulders than most 'large' bags, and the result is great! It lofts up fast, warms up faster, and is easy to get into and out of. The lining doesn't get clammy from your breath or frost. I would recommend it at full price ($250?).

If you've owned or used a Marmot Cloud 9, please share your experience.

Marmot Cloud 9

The Cloud 9 has been discontinued.

The Marmot Cloud 9 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new cold weather synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.