Regular Long
Fill 800 Fill-Power Down 800 Fill-Power Down
Shape Mummy Mummy
Max User Height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Price $639.00 USD $659.00 USD

Embrace the caterpillar in you! With this bag, I feel…

Summary

Embrace the caterpillar in you!

Pros

• Warm
  • Shoulder baffles keep inside from getting damp

Cons

• Still large-ish when packed

With this bag, I feel and look like a squashy green caterpillar. Zip it up, snuggle down, and after the coziest sleep in the coldest temps, you'll emerge in the morning a beautiful butterfly. That is if you can bear to come out!

I'm a 5'4" smaller woman. I sleep cold and this bag works well for me in even the coldest of temps. I've still paired it with a liner for truly -20°F temps and that works well in a four-season tent.

Zipping all the way up can be a slight challenge—it's a bit of a squeeze, but comfy once enclosed. The baffle that comes just over the shoulders works great for keeping the moisture from breathing out of the body of the bag when all zipped up.

So far no complaints about durability and construction, but it's only been out a few times and I've babied it well. Don't want to unnecessarily wreck a bag this nice (and expensive!).

Welcome to Trailspace, ALim! Thanks for sharing a review of your Marmot bag. I hope you'll keep us posted on how it continues to work out. If you have some pictures of yours, those would be helpful to see in your review too.

Thanks for posting, ALim. I don't know that I've ever woken up and felt like a beautiful butterfly, but thanks for the visual. :P