Marmot Diva 45

Small Medium
Weight 2 lb 13 oz / 1275 g 3 lb / 1360 g
Capacity 2563 cu in / 42 L 2750 cu in / 45 L
Material 100d 100% Nylon Double Ripstop, 210d Nylon Double Ripstop 100d 100% Nylon Double Ripstop, 210d Nylon Double Ripstop

I live in Hawaii and we have very limited gear shops,…

Design: top loading
Size: aprox 2500 (size small women)
Number of Pockets: 2 zip, 2 side water holders on main bag
Max. Load Carried: 25lbs (with water)
Height of Owner: 5'5"

I live in Hawaii and we have very limited gear shops, so we are left to reading reviews and specs hoping that we can believe everything we read. I did a bit of research,thought this pack would "be the one". I like that it does not have a lot of bells and whistles, is top loading and seemed to have padding in all the right areas.

When the box arrived, I got all my gear (tent, sleeping bag, general stuff) and filled my bag to about 20 lbs. I was sad b/c I could not seem to adjust the bag. It felt like the top portion (from the mid shoulder area) was leaning back way too far. I re-adjusted my load, straps and attitude, and tried again. Some improvement.

I have another go-to pack but was determined to make this one work. I decided to try it out on a 4 day trip to Kalalau on Kauai. It held everything I needed with room for more.

I started off OK, but after only 3 miles (out of 11, one way) the bag was digging in to my shoulders like you would not believe! I took my shirt, borrowed another from my daughter and wadded the shirts under each shoulder. This helped greatly, but the damage was done, my shoulders were already bleeding! I wanted to fling my bag into the Pacific Ocean from the next cliff!!!!

Finally at camp, I took a hard look at the bag. I noticed that it had velcro on the hip belt that allowed for adjustment up the back of the pack (I re-read pack description when I got home, did not find this feature listed anywhere). I was so relieved, hoping for some major improvement. I tried, re-adjusted, and got better results. I did have a lighter load going back, and with my new found pack (and attitude) adjustments, I made friends with this pack.

The bag has ROOM, it packs well. Again, I really like that it is basic, just 2 pockets on the back. The lid (which is removable) has 3 pockets. The hip belt is padded deluxe, with 2 zipper pockets. I only wish the shoulders were a bit more padded. (you can always use your extra shirts for padding!)

Visit Marmot's Diva 45 page.

The Marmot Diva 45 Women's Backpack's excellent suspension system gives you the support of a big pack for extra comfort when you take it on a day hike. Pre-shaped shoulder straps and a split-wrap waist-belt ensure you don't feel uncomfortable when you hit the trail. With 2700cu inches of cargo space, the Diva 45 Backpack easily holds everything you need for a dawn-to-dusk outing, and it can take on a lightweight overnight trip as well. Two front pockets and one lid pocket helps you keep smaller items organized. Marmot even added stowable ice axe loops and a ski carry system to push the Diva 45 Backpack into winter use when the need arises.

- Backcountry Outlet

You don't have to be a prima donna to appreciate the mountain-ready Diva 45 Backpack that keeps your shoulders and back comfortable with a compression-molded backpanel, and women-specific framesheet and shoulder straps. While you keep your gear stowed in the large main compartment or in the exterior stash and waist belt pockets, you can carry plenty of extra water in the hydration pouch or in the side water bottle pockets.

- Mountain Gear

Free Shipping. Marmot Women's Diva 45 Pack (Fall 2010) FEATURES of the Women's Diva 45 Pack by Marmot Women's Specific Fit-Is Cut to Contour to a Woman's Body Compression Molded Back Panel with Air Comfort Technology-Highest Level of Comfort and Durability Hip Hugger Waist Belt-Waist belt contours to waist for added support. Front Stash Pocket Waist Rack-Gear attachment points on the waist belt Ice Axe Pocket; Removable Lid-Can Be Used as a Pillow or to Lighten Your Load Removable Women's Frame Sheet Stretch Water Bottle Pockets Tuck Away Ice Axe Bungees-Bungees can be hidden to streamline the pack. Waist Belt Pocket Women's Specific S-Curved Shoulder Straps SPECIFICATIONS for Small: Materials: 100d 100% Nylon Double Ripstop 210d 100% Nylon Double Ripstop Weight: 2 lbs 13 oz / 1276 g Volume: 2563 cu in. / 42 liters SPECIFICATIONS for Medium: Materials: 100d 100% Nylon Double Ripstop 210d 100% Nylon Double Ripstop Weight: 3 lbs 0 oz / 1361 g Volume: 2750 cu in. / 45 liters

When a multi-day backpacking trip or a backcountry ski tour require you to carry a heavy load, you will find comfort and support in the Marmot Diva 45 Backpack for Women. Designed with a women's specific frame sheet and s-curved shoulder straps, the Diva 45 provides enough capacity to carry all the necessities, plus a little more. Featuring a compression molded back panel with air comfort technology, the Diva will keep you cool and comfortable, and thanks to waist belt pockets, you can keep your camera and snacks within easy reach.

- Altrec Outdoors

Marmot Diva 45

The Diva 45 has been discontinued.

The Marmot Diva 45 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.