Marmot DriClime Catalyst Jacket

I've had this very light jacket for over a year, and…

I've had this very light jacket for over a year, and love it. Most of the time with it is spent here in the Southwest, where the Catalyst handles all but the Monsoon storms. I have also hiked with it in MN last spring, and Mt. Baker last summer, and it proved warmer than it looks, although I did get chilly in MN (low 30's). It breathes incredibly well, yet I have not felt a draft or clamminess.

This Marmot is surprisingly rugged, too. It has handled typical SW trails (palo verde, catsclaw, cacti, etc.) with no problems-the shell sheds snags as easily as light precip.

The 3 pockets are well placed: hand pockets above a hip-belt, outer chest pocket is covered by sternum strap (typical, though).

Overall, it is a great spring/fall jacket anywhere else, but good enough for central AZ all year. A simple, low-tech approach (high-end process) with excellent results.

I did not give it a 5, as the shiny-poly look gives it an 80's post-disco feel. I'd wear it everywhere, if not for that.

I love this jacket. I have only had it a month, and…

Price Paid: $47 (massive sale)

I love this jacket. I have only had it a month, and haven't had a chance to test it very well, but it is amazingly lightweight and a lot warmer than it looks. It's nearly 100% windproof (up to about 40 mph wind). I think it is really stylish as well, but to me high performance gear is always sexy, your mileage may vary. Not a ton of pockets, which some may find to be a minus, but it is a windshirt, not a shell, so I think there are enough.

Only gripe is that I wish there were adjustable ties on the sleeves, they are just gathered elastic, but they aren't too tight or too loose, so they work fine for a normal built man. The medium feels true to size. (5'10", 165 lbs).

If you've owned or used a Marmot DriClime Catalyst Jacket, please share your experience.

Marmot DriClime Catalyst Jacket

The DriClime Catalyst Jacket has been discontinued.

$110.00 (men's)

The Marmot DriClime Catalyst Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.

men's
Weight 10.7 oz / 303.3 g
Main Material 100% Polyester UpCycle® DWR 2.1 oz / yd, 86% Polyester (UpCycle® Polyester) 14% Elastane 3.6 oz / yd
Lining Material DriClime® 100% Polyester UpCycle® Lining 2.7 oz/yd