Marmot DriClime Catalyst Jacket

Weight 10.7 oz / 303.3 g
Main Material 100% Polyester UpCycle® DWR 2.1 oz / yd, 86% Polyester (UpCycle® Polyester) 14% Elastane 3.6 oz / yd
Lining Material DriClime® 100% Polyester UpCycle® Lining 2.7 oz/yd

I love this jacket. I have only had it a month, and…

Price Paid: $47 (massive sale)

I love this jacket. I have only had it a month, and haven't had a chance to test it very well, but it is amazingly lightweight and a lot warmer than it looks. It's nearly 100% windproof (up to about 40 mph wind). I think it is really stylish as well, but to me high performance gear is always sexy, your mileage may vary. Not a ton of pockets, which some may find to be a minus, but it is a windshirt, not a shell, so I think there are enough.

Only gripe is that I wish there were adjustable ties on the sleeves, they are just gathered elastic, but they aren't too tight or too loose, so they work fine for a normal built man. The medium feels true to size. (5'10", 165 lbs).

I've had this very light jacket for over a year, and…

I've had this very light jacket for over a year, and love it. Most of the time with it is spent here in the Southwest, where the Catalyst handles all but the Monsoon storms. I have also hiked with it in MN last spring, and Mt. Baker last summer, and it proved warmer than it looks, although I did get chilly in MN (low 30's). It breathes incredibly well, yet I have not felt a draft or clamminess.

This Marmot is surprisingly rugged, too. It has handled typical SW trails (palo verde, catsclaw, cacti, etc.) with no problems-the shell sheds snags as easily as light precip.

The 3 pockets are well placed: hand pockets above a hip-belt, outer chest pocket is covered by sternum strap (typical, though).

Overall, it is a great spring/fall jacket anywhere else, but good enough for central AZ all year. A simple, low-tech approach (high-end process) with excellent results.

I did not give it a 5, as the shiny-poly look gives it an 80's post-disco feel. I'd wear it everywhere, if not for that.

Marmot Men's DriClime Catalyst Jacket

The Men's DriClime Catalyst Jacket has been discontinued.

The Marmot Men's DriClime Catalyst Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.