Marmot Eiger 35

Don't buy the old version. I have and love it. But…

Price Paid: 80$ Can

Don't buy the old version. I have and love it. But the new one is better.

Let me explain in form of a little comparison.

The new one has a lot of stuff the old one doesn't. For starters, a crampons/skins pocket in the front, pocket for water bottles, three straps on the sides to secure whatever you wish to secure, (I use em for my skis) and gear attachment on the right.

Now both model share some interesting points. most notably the concealable ice axe sling, rough and durable nylon face a great comfortable back, camelback compatible are just some of the perks.Up untill now it has performed perfectly especially in the durability departement I've abused it and it wants more.

Why the new one? Because it's the same as the old one but better. I have both the old and the new one for reasons I'm still trying to explain to my wife. With so many great pack out there it's hard to figure out wich one is better than the other.

For me fit is the key. Take the one that's the most comfortable and who's option correspond to what youre looking in a bag.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Eiger 35, please share your experience.

Marmot Eiger 35

The Eiger 35 has been discontinued.

The Marmot Eiger 35 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

Medium Large
Weight 2 lb 15 oz / 1332 g 3 lb 2 oz / 1417 g
Capacity 2150 cu in / 35 L 2325 cu in / 38 L
Material 210d 100% Nylon Twill, 210d Nylon Double Ripstop 210d 100% Nylon Twill, 210d Nylon Double Ripstop