Marmot Estes Pant

The pants are cool (temperature wise at least) and…

Price Paid: 50$ Can

The pants are cool (temperature wise at least) and truly stretchy. I use them for climbing all the time. Mine are pretty baggy though, that might be since I had to take em with a long inseam cuz I’m 6.4. I would advise taking em in a darker color than beige. (It gets dirty quick!)

Even though the tissue looks flimsy, I’ve never made a tear in em. I try to be careful but eventually I think they’ll be destroyed by bushwacking from one crag to another in the dense mixed continental forest up where I live.

All in all, I think they're a great pair of pants. Best if you live in the desert where it’s hot, dusty and dry. For colder climate zone or abrasive hiking like the Northeast, best to find some kind of sturdier/hotter pants.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Estes Pant, please share your experience.

Marmot Estes Pant

The Estes Pant has been discontinued.

The Marmot Estes Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new climbing pant, check out the best reviewed current models.