Marmot Ether Driclime

men's
Weight 8.8 oz / 249.5 g
Main Material 100% Nylon DWR 1.1 oz / yd

A truly phenomenal product. Years ago I bought a Marmot…

Summary

A truly phenomenal product.

Pros

• Ultra lightweight
  • Great wicking
  • Truly comfortable in cold, high windy conditions

Cons

• This product may wear out faster than my average garment
  • I wish the hood had a drawstring

Years ago I bought a Marmot DriClime Jacket. It was too warm for me so I gave it to my wife. Finally Marmot came out with the Ether.

This product is significantly lighter than the standard Driclime and matches my high-sweat, high-body-heat very well. In windy, cold conditions, I hike with only a very thin short-sleeved shirt under the Ether. This is my go-to hiking garment for any hike where the temperature may go below 50°F.

The Driclime lining is thinner than a standard Dri Clime jacket, so this jacket has less insulating value than you might expect. I found it does not work well under a raincoat in a cold, heavy rain because it provides little insulation. In this case, I am better off with a '100' fleece or two thin base layers.

The hood is a huge asset in windy conditions. The only weakness of this garment is the lack of a drawstring on the hood.  In moderate winds, this is not an issue. In high winds, I get around this problem by wearing the hood under my hat or by using an earband over the hood.

Visit Marmot's Men's Ether Driclime page.

Marmot's Ether Driclime has magic-like bi-component wicking of DriClime on the inside, and cutting-edge wind and water resistant fabric on the outside, youll be dry, comfortable and ready for your adventure.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

The Marmot Men's Ether Driclime Jacket takes care of you during spring squalls with two layers of moisture protection. The inner layer of Driclime is soft to the touch and specializes in pulling moisture away from your skin to eliminate sweaty clamminess. The outer layer is a breathable nylon that is also wind- and water-resistant to keep Mother Nature out. Mesh underarm vents help your body regulate temperature, and the attached roll-up hood gives you added protection.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Marmot Men's Ether DriClime Jacket FEATURES of the Marmot Men's Ether DriClime Jacket Wind Resistant, Water Repellent, and Breathable Ultralight Construction DriClime Bi-Component Wicking lining Attached Roll-Up hood Zip Chest Pocket Packs into Pocket Mesh Underarm Vents Elastic Cuffs Reflective logos Elastic Drawcord hem Angel-Wing movement SPECIFICATIONS of the Marmot Men's Ether DriClime Jacket Weight: 8.8 oz / 249.5 g Center Back Length: 28.5in. Athletic Fit 100% Nylon Ripstop DWR 1.1 oz/yd

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

A full zip for quick on and quick off adds all-sport versatility to these lightweight, full-protection rain pants. Built with NanoPro fabric, the PreCip is fully waterproof and more breathable than before.

- RockCreek refers to the men's version