Marmot Evolution Half Zip

Windproof, waterproof, and wicking; indeed! The only…

Windproof, waterproof, and wicking; indeed! The only drawback from the model I have is the asymmetrical neck zipper which either is all the way up or just feels funny. Otherwise, the light shirt resists all wind and has a great collar height and elastic cuffs.

I have used this a lot recently while I canoe here in interior Alaska. It has taken the place of jackets, even, in light rain and heavy wind. There has not been ANY water to get through this thing. I know that absolute won't last forever but I thought it was pretty amazing when I had it out this summer. I plan on using it as a second layer in the winter time, alternating with the MH Transition zip, a heavier-duty alternative.

It took a few years for me to figure out the best…

Fabric: Gore N2S
Fill: none

It took a few years for me to figure out the best use of this "next to skin" shirt. Now I won't hike without it if the conditions are at all challenging. That is wind, rain, temperatures between 30 and 60F. I wear it over a long-sleeve polyester base layer.

I wore it 14 days in Nepal, every day in Kamchatka, where it shrugged off the thorns of the wild roses. It offers a great deal of wind resistance for a very few ounces.

Now my problem is trying to find a second one in case the first ever wears out.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Evolution Half Zip, please share your experience.

Marmot Evolution Half Zip

The Evolution Half Zip has been discontinued.

The Marmot Evolution Half Zip is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new wind shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.