Marmot Fusion 15

I really like the quality and the feel of this bag.

I really like the quality and the feel of this bag. But, and that's a big "but," for a "three season" bag, this is just not very warm.

For a little bit of context, when at home, I am a very warm sleeper. My wife has a thick quilt on her and I might have a sheet. I've used this bag while backpacking from Montana to Utah to Japan and I'm just not impressed.

I actually have a lot of other Marmot gear, tents, jackets, etc., and I love all of it.  This bag, however, should be rated at 45 degrees at best.

I sleep like a baby while others stay awake in a cold…

Design: mummy
Fill: 700 fill down
Temperature Rating: -10C
Price Paid: US$170

I sleep like a baby while others stay awake in a cold night. Yes Fusion 15 give me the most convenience and warmth feel than other bag I've ever used. Absolutely a comfort bag.

The Marmot Fusion won the 2003 Outside Magazine Gear of the Year Award for its innovative DualMax insulation and features. For users who are torn between the comfort of down and the weather protection of synthetic, your dilemma has been solved.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Fusion 15 by Marmot is a warmer version of the Fusion 30 for added versatility-combines the best of down and synthetic for a remarkably weight-efficient bag that will still survive long spells of damp weather. Dualmax Technology Hood draw cord Velcro-free face muff Insulated draft tube Snagless draft tube Classic trapezoidal foot box Locking zippers Zipper guards Stash pocket “Feely” draw cords Stuff sack and storage sack included Fill: Primaloft Sport and 600 Fill Down Weight, Regular: 3 lb 3 oz/1445 g Length: Regular: 6’ 0”/Long: 6’ 6” Zip: Left/Right

By combining lightweight goose down and synthetic insulation, Marmot has created the award-winning Fusion bag--it delivers the best of both worlds! Using the great features of down and the protection of a synthetic, Marmot has created the new Fusion bag--delivering the best of both worlds. Dualmax System uses down close to the body for natural warmth; PrimaLoft® synthetic surrounds the down providing optimal overall performance. Six-Baffle Hood envelopes your head in warmth, while the Face Muff allows hood to be cinched snug without digging into your face. Insulated draft tube backing the zipper seals cold out; zipper guards prevent snags. Draft collar features easy-access drawcord; locking, two-way zipper prevents bag from inadvertently opening during the night. Ground-level side seams eliminate cold air leaks. Trapezoidal footbox allows down to loft fully around your feet for optimum warmth and comfort. Roomy yet efficient cut provides better fit and warmth; vertical baffles keep the down from shifting. Outside stash pocket near top of bag conveniently holds night time necessities. Includes stuff sack and storage sack.

Marmot Fusion 15

The Fusion 15 has been discontinued.

The Marmot Fusion 15 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 14, 2006 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new 3-season hybrid sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.