Marmot Hyper Jacket

Weight 8.9 oz / 252.3 g
Main Material MemBrain® Strata™ 100% Nylon Stretch 1.6 oz / yd

The Marmot Hyper Jacket is a great rain shell. It's…

Summary

The Marmot Hyper Jacket is a great rain shell. It's waterproof while still being fairly breathable, fairly lightweight, and very comfortable. I definitely recommend it for everyday use, biking, hiking, and camping.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Light
  • Good stretch
  • Cute
  • Good-size hood
  • Nice pockets

Cons

• Not warm
  • Not "ultralight" for backpacking

The Marmot Hyper Jacket is great! It is waterproof, fairly breathable, lightweight, comfortable, and stylish. I originally purchased this jacket because I commute year-round on my bike, but now I have used this jacket for biking in the rain, hiking in heavy wind, and camping in heavy rain and it has kept me completely dry; the water just rolls off and I haven't had it "wet out" yet.

However, this is just a shell so it is *not* going to keep you warm. It just keeps the rain/wind off and you need other insulation layers underneath if it's cold.

The jacket is semi-fitted. I sized up after reading some other reviews, but for everyday wear over a single shirt I should have gone with my normal size. However, the looser fit (if you size up) is good if you plan on wearing a fleece or a puffy underneath.

The hood is also a perfect size for keeping your head/hair dry. You can cinch the hood shut with a drawstring. The material is very thin and lightweight. It doesn't wick moisture, but it feels good against the skin. It is also very stretchy, which is really unique for a rain jacket. You can move your arms however you want/need while wearing this jacket because it has a lot of stretch in the back and shoulders. It's a great feature!

The Hyper Jacket is completely waterproof in my experience so far in the rain. I haven't used it in the snow, but I would feel confident doing so with other layers underneath. It's also fairly breathable and I've been 100% comfortable using it for light physical activity. I haven't used it yet for vigorous hiking or biking in the rain, but there is a mesh lining on the pockets that allows some ventilation during exercise.

This jacket seems REALLY well made and I think it will last me a long time. I *really* love it, so I think it was worth the sale price I paid and even the full price. I even want to buy a second one just in case. Highly recommended!!

Visit Marmot's Hyper Jacket page.

There's no need to skip your day hike, hide out in your tent, or get soaked on your commute just because it's raining--let the Marmot Women's Hyper Jacket shelter you from the storm. This waterproof, breathable, and stretchy rain shell keeps you well protected from the elements so you can get your quality outdoor me-time in.

The women's Marmot Hyper Rain Jacket is built to keep you dry during active pursuits. With built-in stretch, this jacket moves with you so you don't have to trade mobility for dry comfort. Waterproof, windproof and breathable, the Marmot MemBrain(R) Strata 2.5-layer nylon shell is soft yet durable and packable; micro-stitched, taped seams seal out the wet. 4-way stretch allows freedom of movement. Hood has ERG adjustment system for unhindered visibility. Water-resistant front zipper keeps the rain out, and it features a contrasting color for style. Angel-Wing Movement(TM) sleeves allow unrestricted range of motion. Marmot Hyper Rain Jacket for women features zippered hand pockets. Drawcord hem seals out the cold; asymmetrical cuffs feature built-in elastic for a perfect fit. Closeout.

The Marmot Womens Hyper Jacket is made with MemBrain Strata that forms a force field against wet weather, and stretches easily so youll never have to trade mobility for dryness again. Awesome performance and a profusion of pro-leaning features beg to be tested in the wild.

- CampSaver.com

Marmot Hyper Jacket for Women - 2013 modelExperience the comfort and protection of the Marmot Hyper Jacket for Women. Its attached hood shields your face and head from the blustery elements while its ERG adjustment system makes sure it fits snugly. With a breathable, waterproof fabric and fully taped seams, this jacket ensures moisture from the environment won't seep in. The jacket's MemBrain Strata fabric uses a proprietary PU lamination that efficiently resists water and abrasions yet delivers 100% more breathability than other 2.5 layer coatings in the market. This soft, lightweight material stretches more than coated fabrics, and it gives you that comfortable, dry feel by reducing internal moisture build up and chilling effect of forming moisture vapor. This Hyper Jacket for women also comes with asymmetric cuffs with elastic, an elastic draw cord hem, and a water-resistant front zipper to seal in the warmth and reflective logos to make you visible in dark or low-lit areas. There's no need to skip your hiking adventure and hide out in your tent just because it's raining. With the Marmot Hyper Jacket for Women, you'll stay shielded from the elements.

- SunnySports

Marmot Women's Hyper Jacket

The Marmot Women's Hyper Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 20, 2014 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.