Marmot Leadville Jacket

One of the best jackets I have had in the last 60+…

Price Paid: $99.95 + tax...on clearence

Summary

One of the best jackets I have had in the last 60+ years!

Pros

• Light
  • Windproof

Cons

• I loathe the logos on sleeves front/back

It was an impulse end of season sale item, that lives up to its advertising.

I was fortunate to find it marked down for a quick sale as gear in XXL/tall does not stay on the racks long.

It is quite comfortable in the very unseasonable weather we have been having this year.

It sheds the wind and rain better than I hoped for.

It moves well with me.

The only thing I dislike is the logos on the sleeves front/back and etc.

It is solid black with WHITE logos... (dark red logos I could have lived with).

I love my jacket. It's the jacket I use for all my…

Price Paid: 120$ Can

I love my jacket. It's the jacket I use for all my cardiovascular training when the temperature gets cold (running, cross-country skiing mostly). From 30F to 10f with the right layers underneath I'm never cold. I also bring it for early seasons ice climbing or late seasons rock climbing it's perfect for the top of the mountain.

Water is reppelled for a while, so light rain for about an hour or two wont get in. Sometimes though when the wind is especiallly cold it get in through the side panels and chill you out. So don't stand in galing wind for nothing.

I'm afraid that it's not really abrasion resistant but hey, it's a soft shell. It is a bit form fitting, so try it before you buy it. For me it should've been X-large, large is okay, but still a bit snug.

I bought this jacket after starting to really get…

Fabric: Nylon windstopper
Fill: ?

I bought this jacket after starting to really get into the whole 'hiking' and 'backpacking' thing. When I realized old hoodies wouldn't cut it anymore.

I love it! I knew Marmot from friends as a good brand, and they don't let down! I've had this jacket in some pretty cold weather! (Of course this all depends on how warm of a person you are) And I've been great! Sheds wind amazingly! And will keep you dry in snow, and light rain...overall I think its perfect!

I also can fit a nice fleece underneath for the added protection without my movement being restricted.
-pirate

If you've owned or used a Marmot Men's Leadville Jacket, please share your experience.

Marmot Men's Leadville Jacket

currently retails for:
MSRP: $150.00

where to buy:

Weight 1 lb 0.2 oz / 459.3 g
Main Material Softshell Double Weave 90% Polyester 10% Elastane Stretch 7.3 oz / yd, WINDSTOPPER® Softshell 100% Polyester Stretch 5.4 oz / yd