Marmot Mastiff

I bought this bag a couple of years ago because I…

Design: Extra-wide mummy
Fill: 775 fill down
Temperature Rating: 10-20
Weight: 3 lbs, +
Price Paid: I forgot

I bought this bag a couple of years ago because I can't stand the confinement of a traditional narrow mummy bag. However, for a cold-weather bag, I was slightly concerned that the extra room would cost me when it did get cold. I finally had a chance to test it last week when temperatures dropped in the San Francisco area. I camped on the top of Mt. Diablo, where it fell to about 15 degrees. The bag was toasty warm. It could have handled somewhat colder conditions (I'm not sure how much) but it certainly held true to it's temperature rating. And I had all that extra room to roll around in.

Being 6'8", 250+ lbs, I have looked far and wide for…

Design: Extra Large Mummy
Fill: 775 fill down
Temperature Rating: 10 - 20 F
Weight: 3lbs +

Being 6'8", 250+ lbs, I have looked far and wide for a commercially made bag that would be large enough and keep me warm. I am very happy with this bag. This bag has kept me warm, too warm at times, when temperatures have dipped down into the teens. I would recommend this bag to anybody who is tall (up to 6'8") and is looking for a quality bag.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Mastiff, please share your experience.

Marmot Mastiff

The Mastiff has been discontinued.

The Marmot Mastiff is not available from the stores we monitor.