Marmot Matterhorn 42

I bought this Marmot 42 for a week of climbing and…

Price Paid: £85

I bought this Marmot 42 for a week of climbing and walking through the Durmitor region of Montenegro. Despite the maximum weight recommendation of approx 12 kgs, I stuffed it full to the gunnels and took my chances.

I had read a few concerns regarding the robustness of the materials used in its construction and I can only speak very highly of this great piece of kit. As for being dragged over rough sharp rock and generally being abused, then I cannot give an opinion as it remained firmly on my back for most of my trip.

One failure did occure though and that was the main buckle on the hip belt fractured. Perhaps a more robust type of plastic should be used for the buckles etc.

Apart from that I really like it and it further endorses my preference for Marmot products.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Matterhorn 42, please share your experience.

Marmot Matterhorn 42

The Matterhorn 42 has been discontinued.

The Marmot Matterhorn 42 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.