Marmot Mojave

I have a bad lower back and I am short and I find…

Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 15
Height of Owner: 5' 2"

I have a bad lower back and I am short and I find that most backpacks place too much pressure on my lower back. This pack is perfect for my short torso. I am able to take everything I need for my day hikes and there is no extra weight pressing on my lumbar area.

The pockets are nice and all seem to be well placed. I place my keys inside the top small pocket and do not go back to it until I am done with my hike. Then I place my camera in the pocket on the back of the bag along with mosquito spray and anything else I was to access often. Then, I place my water, jacket and other items I need with me, but don't want to access often in the inside pocket.

I do wish that the pack did not have a laptop section because there is extra cushion which adds to the weight of the pack, but I do like the formed back of the bag, I feel that it adds to the structure that prevents everything from settling down on my lower back.

I think this pack would be too small for a tall person.

I am 100% happy with this pack and have no buyers remorse.

Marmot Mojave

The Mojave has been discontinued.

The Marmot Mojave is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.