Great pack. I have used this pack for the last 10…

Summary

Great pack.

Pros

• Comfortable and highly adjustable fit
  • Tons of sturdy places to fasten gear on the outside
  • Long use and still looks and works great

Cons

• It's a pain to open the lower zipper, just use the top access.

I have used this pack for the last 10 years for camping and travel. It looks almost as it did the day I bought it and the only issue I have ever had was one of the snaps that keep the top on sometimes lets go if you pick the pack up by the top.

I can't fault the pack though, as this was caused by someone picking the 40lb+ pack up by the top when trying to transfer between boats in extremely rough seas and it just couldn't take it. Everything else, straps, zippers, material, clips are still in great shape.

Although I think I always need a bigger pack (this 71L is no exception). The Muir has so many durable places to fasten gear to the outside of the pack if needed.