Marmot Nano Jacket

men's
Weight 8.2 oz / 232.5 g
Main Material GORE-TEX® Paclite® 100% Nylon Ripstop 2.2 oz / yd

I have to say this is the best all around shell I…

Source: bought it used

Summary

I have to say this is the best all around shell I have owned. Rain, Wind, Snow, and a mixture of all... this wins my vote. For what it has protected me from, there is not another jacket out there that has stood up to like this one.

Pros

• Weather proof
  • Packs well
  • Built to last

Cons

• Slightly heavy, but nothing has held up like this one

I bought this jacket at a Goodwill (no kidding – for $5 — and it was new), so first the price I paid was worth it. But let me tell you, if I had to pay $180 for it — It would be worth it.

Vents nicely. I have had it on as a rain jacket in a downpour in the San Juans. It rained so much everything got wet, except my torso and head wearing this jacket. In the winter backpacking, with a sweater or down vest or jacket underneath — it deflected blowing snow and blizzards... keeping me Dry and Warm.

I have now taken this jacket on almost every hike, year around as my main shell. If you buy this jacket you will not be disappointed.

The lightest, most durable and excellent performing…

The lightest, most durable and excellent performing outerlayer I have ever purchased. I have worn this jacket in high wind, torrential rain and through snow blizzards while backpacking and it has held up and performed extremely well.

Large pockets are sweet. Hood is designed perfectly.

Hands down the best ultralight shell and worth the $.