Marmot Original DriClime Windshirt - Men's

Weight 8.8 oz / 249.5 g
Main Material 100% Polyester DWR 1.5 oz / yd

The original DriClime is a great product, though a…

Summary

The original DriClime is a great product, though a little bit warm for a very-warm-blooded hiker.

Pros

• Light
  • Dries quickly
  • Very warm for the weight
  • Excellent wind resistance

Cons

• Just a little bit too warm for me if I am doing anything aerobic—even heavy hiking

I loved the Original DriClime but found that I always left it at home. It was too warm for most conditions, yet not quite as flexible as the slightly-heavier combination of a superlight wind jacket and very light microflleece. In the end, I gave it to my wife who has worn it on many, many hikes as well as city trips.

(I replaced it with the lighter, less-warm but hooded Marmot Ether--see my review of that item, my current favorite hiking jacket).

Spendy but comfortable and durable. Three stars only…

Summary

Spendy but comfortable and durable.

Pros

• Comfort
  • Durability

Cons

• Price

Three stars only due to price, but 5 for comfort.