Marmot Palisades Pant

Weight 1 lb 2.7 oz / 530.1 g
Main Material GORE-TEX® Performance 2L 100% Polyester 4.2 oz / yd
Lining Material 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.3 oz / yd

Wow! In 1996 I bought my first pair of Marmot ski…

Wow! In 1996 I bought my first pair of Marmot ski pants. Back then the warranty was "forever" but they changed their minds at some point. Apparently they also changed their standards. The new Marmot slogan -- Marmot - We used to be good.  Total suckiness.  They are comfortable, they fit (womens small on my 5'4" 137# self) and, they might last you a whole entire month.

Came in from a leisure day, snowboarding with the ladies on groomed blues, riding a chair was the only sitting I did, I didn't head into the trees, I didn't do any cliff jumping, about as mundane as you can expect. But, the seat ripped. So, return to Marmot for mfgr repair. Easy. Not.

Sorry ma'am. You wore them out so they are not covered under our warranty! I wore them out??? Apparently, these pants wear out amazingly fast. Keep in mind, however, that the pair I bought in 1996, I still use, wear them shoveling the roof, snowshoeing, things where waterproofing isn't so relevant.

So how come one pair that is good for a decade, including all kinds of fun expeditions in trees, in backcountry, overnights, keeping me dry (I should have replaced them a few years before I actually did because I liked them so much) and now, the standard is tissue-paper quality fabric?

My behind is still the same size, the cut on this pair is a bit larger than on my old pair, not ideal but okay, and I wore out the fabric? Already? Wow!

So, buyer beware, Marmot standards aren't what they used to be.

Visit Marmot's Palisades Pant page.

You don't want what you don't need, so you go mean and lean in the Marmot Women's Palisades Pant. This two-layer waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex shell pant combats the elements while you make the mountains your playground. Fully taped and equipped with water-resistant zippers, this pant keeps you dry and happy, whether on a wall of ice or a slope of snow. An adjustable waist and anatomic articulation zones provide everyday fit and free mobility. Internal gaiters feature gripper elastic for a secure seal around your boots, and burly Cordura scuff guards add durability at this high-stress area. This pant even has ankle zips for ease and convenience.

Free Shipping. Marmot Women's Palisades Pant FEATURES of the Marmot Women's Palisades Pant Gore-Tex Fabric. Guaranteed to Keep You Dry 100% seam taped 2-layer construction Hand Pockets with Water Resistant Zipper Cargo Pocket with Water Resistant Zipper Adjustable Waist with Snap Closure and Zip Fly Cordura Scuff Guard Anatomic Articulation Zones Internal Gaiters with Gripper Elastic Ankle Zippers The SPECS of the Marmot Women's Palisades Pant Weight: 1 lb 2.7 oz / 530.1 g Gore-Tex Products 2L 100% Polyester 3.4 oz/yd Fit: Regular

Marmot Womens Palisades Pant - Closeout - It excels in the harshest winter conditions, yet offers a wealth of luxurious details. A perfect counterpart to our Palisades Jacket, this two-layer GORE-TEX(R) pant is 100% seam-taped, and features a conveniently adjustable waist and internal gaiters with gripper elastic to repel powder in snowy conditions. Water-resistant, zippered pockets keep your valuables safe and dry, while Codura(R) scuff guards provide years of durable wear. Features GORE-TEX(R) Fabric. Guaranteed to Keep You Dry. 100% seam taped 2-layer construction Hand Pockets with Water Resistant Zipper Cargo Pocket with Water Resistant Zipper Zippered Back Pocket - Zip Back Pocket Zip Fly with Snap Closure - For Convenience Cordura(R) Scuff Guard - Cordura scuff guard Anatomic Articulation Zones - Design Feature to Reduce Excess Fabric and Improve Mobility Internal Gaiters with Gripper Elastic - Gaiter Provides Protection and Gripper Elastic Holds it in Place Ankle Zippers - For Easy On/Off Over Shoes Specs Weight: 1 lbs 2 oz / 510.3 g Main Material: GORE-TEX(R) Products 2L 100% Polyester 3.4 oz/yd

- Massey's Outfitters

The women's Marmot Palisades Pant is perfectly designed to keep you dry and comfortable in rough conditions. A great match for our This pant is perfectly designed to keep you dry and comfortable in rough conditions. A great match for our Women's Palisade Jacket, two-layer GORE-TEX? Performance Shell fabric is 100% seam-taped for waterproof performance, and expertly tailored with an athletic cut to allow maximum freedom of movement. An adjustable waist and loads of convenient pockets make this your go-to pant for long days in powder or rugged backcountry treks.

- RockCreek