Marmot Plasma 15

Truly the most comfortable bag one could ever sleep…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Truly the most comfortable bag one could ever sleep in, plus it's pretty damm sexy as well... Did I just say that?

Pros

• Roomy
  • Packable
  • Full length zipper
  • Built-in pillow
  • Vertical baffles

Cons

• Price

I must admit when I first saw this bag at REI for the first time I fell head over heels. Three months later I got it for Christmas and had to test it out immediately.

So, for her first outing I took her up to Jerky Meadows in the Golden Trout Wilderness where the temp was around 14 degrees. My first night after a couple of scotches was pretty much as I expected.... Heavenly. I don't remember waking up once in the night to adjust myself or to put on extra layers just a good long night rest. The pillow that comes in the hood, even though small, still made a difference with a stuff sack with my jacket in it.

Now I know a good bag is priceless, but when you see the price tag just try not to puke. I have to admit even though it was free I would not hesitate to pay full price for it. That's how bad ass she is.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Plasma 15, please share your experience.

Marmot Plasma 15

Weight 1 lb 14.2 oz / 864 g 1 lb 15.96 oz / 906 g
Fill Weight 17.64 oz / 500 g 19.41 oz / 550 g
Sizes 6 ft 0 in 6 ft 6 in
Zip Option LZ LZ
Main Material 10 Denier 100% Nylon Micro Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz / yd 10 Denier 100% Nylon Micro Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz / yd
Lining Material 10 Denier 100% Nylon Micro Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz / yd 10 Denier 100% Nylon Micro Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz / yd
Insulation Material 900+ Fill Power Goose Down 900+ Fill Power Goose Down