Marmot Plasma 30

Awesome bag for summer, sleeps warm down to temps…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"
Price Paid: $160 pro deal

Summary

Pros

• Light
  • Warm (for temp range)
  • Nice cut

Cons

• High price

Awesome bag for summer, sleeps warm down to temps below freezing. Super light, super packable. It is nice to have a draft collar on a 30 degree bag. The fit is nice too, a lot of minimalist bags are claustrophobic. This bag has a full length zipper and I sleep well in it (I'm 6'1" 220).

I've used it all over the Rockies, mostly just the summertime, but a few nights it got below freezing and I was totally warm. The bag breathes well, one night didn't get below 50 and I was not overheating.

All in all I'm very happy.  I was hesitant to use a 30 degree bag for a long time because I don't like being cold, but once I switched, I won't add the 2lbs I'm saving back into my pack any time soon.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Plasma 30, please share your experience.

Marmot Plasma 30

currently retails for:
MSRP: $419.00

where to buy:

Regular Long
Weight 1 lb 6.44 oz / 636 g 1 lb 7.86 oz / 676 g
Fill Weight 10.41 oz / 295 g 11.82 oz / 335 g
Sizes 6 ft 0 in 6 ft 6 in
Main Material 10 Denier 100% Nylon Micro Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz / yd 10 Denier 100% Nylon Micro Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz / yd
Lining Material 10 Denier 100% Nylon Micro Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz / yd 10 Denier 100% Nylon Micro Ripstop DWR 0.8 oz / yd
Insulation Material 900+ Fill Power Goose Down 900+ Fill Power Goose Down