Marmot Plasma Parka

Very warm for the weight and at 225 was a great deal.

Fabric: pertex quantum (I think)
Fill: 800 goose down
Price Paid: $225 USD

Very warm for the weight and at 225 was a great deal. The body is baffled, but the arms are not; however they are so puffy that you can't really tell the difference. It's long enough to cover my butt and upper thighs; however I am only 5'4". I got the mens med. It's not quite warm enough for the most extreme high altitude stuff, but plenty for anything else.

I plan to use it for winter backpacking/peakbagging, but I'm sure it would also be fantastic for climbing too. The outer fabric is some light weight water repellant nylon stuff; looks wispy but actually seems to be very durable. Unfortunately they seem to have stopped making this excellent jacket... Why? I'm glad I got one before it was too late!

I bought a Marmot Plasma last winter while living…

Fabric: Nylon
Fill: down

I bought a Marmot Plasma last winter while living in Anchorage, Alaska. This is a fantastic jacket. No coldspots, The zipper baffeling prevents no cold air in around the zipper and the angel wing freedom of movement in the arms is great when you are trying to get a backpack on. I used it while out taking photos in the boonies and never once was I cold. Any time that I left the house when it was cold, the Plasma was in the truck. Outstanding piece of gear.

The Marmot Plasma Parka is quite literally a sleeping bag for your upper body. When youre chillin at base camp waiting for the weather to clear, its rare that you want to leave the comfort of your bag. Now you can be fully mobile and fully warm with Marmots Plasma Parka.

- Backcountry Outlet

Free Shipping. Marmot Men's Plasma Parka (Spring 2006) The Plasma Parka by Marmot has a baffled front and back for increased warmth at a light weight. Average Weight 27oz (767g) Features Baffled construction Zip off down filled hood Hand warmer pockets Inside zip pocket Reinforced shoulders and elbows Oversized Angel-Wing Movement Elastic draw cord hem Lycra bound cuffs Down-filled draft tube Fabric Shell Pertex Quantum N-090 Ripstop Reinforcement Balance N-310 MemBrain Lining Pertex Quantum N-090 Taffeta Insulation 800 Fill Goose Down

Marmot Plasma Parka

The Plasma Parka has been discontinued.

The Marmot Plasma Parka is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 26, 2006 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.