Marmot PreCip Pant - Women's

Weight 8.1 oz / 229.6 g
Main Material PreCipĀ® 2.5 100% Nylon Ripstop 2.7 oz / yd

Great waterproof rain pants! Lightweight and durable.

Summary

Great waterproof rain pants! Lightweight and durable. Zippers and snaps on legs and an elastic drawstring at the ankles make this the best rain pant out there!

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Zippers
  • Drawstring/elastic waist
  • Drawstring/elastic bottoms
  • Knee high side leg zippers
  • Snaps at ankles

Cons

• None

I bought these last year to actually wear with a base layer and hiking pant to make a good snow pant and it worked great! The weather and activity on the mountain can change quickly so instead of snow pants I thought layering was the key, and I was right!

I never even wore my Mammut snow pants that cost me a fortune this year. I just wore layers with the rain pants on top. When I got off the snow I took the Precip Pants off with no need to use a dressing room because my hiking pants were underneath.

These pants are lightweight and do the job. No need for anything else. I have heard that the rainstorms come on pretty quickly in the High Sierras, so I will be including these pants with my gear for the JMT. I'm sure they will come in handy out there.Ā

Noisy... nothing like a too stiff pant that makes…

Summary

Noisy... nothing like a too stiff pant that makes voice no matter what you do or your size. Can not stand on the trail, no way could you use for hunting. I only keep mine because I like to get out of the vehicle and sit even in the rain or snow... would NEVER BUY AGAIN

Pros

• waterproof

Cons

• noisy
  • stiff feel
  • runs short, even shorter than described

I am just gonna say "NO!"

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All PreCip Pant versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 5 reviews for other versions of the PreCip Pant. Read all reviews »