Marmot Screech

I've had mine for 8 years and it has survived countless…

Design: 3 pole backpacking dome
Ease of Setup: Sleeve pockets and clips..so easy a caveman can do it
Weight: Call it 6 pounds

I've had mine for 8 years and it has survived countless trips. I used this tent as my home when I was a backpacking guide. In all the years, use and abuse that this tent has seen, it still looks brand new.

I've had to sew one small tear in the mesh and that's it.

I have never seam sealed this tent and I won't until I see a need. The fly is waterproof and attaches so taunt that the heavy rains falling on it are like small drumbeats.

In tent years this thing is an old trooper and yet the UV has yet to fade it or degrade it in any way to where it shows any effect.

I doubt you'll find anyone wanting to part with theirs.

I bought this tent when I had five other tents; it…

Design: Three pole Free Standing, 3 Season
Ease of Setup: sleave and clip
Weight: 7 pounds

I bought this tent when I had five other tents; it is now my only tent. I fell in love with this tent the first time I stowed it in my backpack, the way it is packed makes it a dream to backpack with!

The first time I set this up, was at night. The simple three pole, sleeve and clip setup was simplicity even in the dark. I'm a big guy, and this tent gives me room, I fit into it quite nicely with all my gear.

The construction is solid and precise. It is built to last through the ages. It is airy and comfortable. In the summer, I leave the fly off to stargaze. This tent has a net ceiling. Air to spare.

In short, the best tent I've ever owned. If you can find one, grab it.

I love this tent. I bought it probably over 6 years…

Design: 3-4 season, free standing dome
Ease of Setup: Can be erected in less than 3 minutes in complete darkness.
Weight: Approx 4 lbs, maybe less.

I love this tent. I bought it probably over 6 years ago and it has never let me down. As the owner of 10 tents, due marriage, children and a variety of impulsive purchases, I have to say my Screech remains my absolute favorite.

If you can find one buy it. This tent will be handed down to my eldest daughter when I die. It is a family treasure and will probably outlast me and never show any signs of aging.

Convenient, tough, dry... everything a backpacker demands from a tent. Unique pole sleeve and clip combo allows easy set-up and optimal headroom. 3-pole freestanding design with stake out vestibule for additional storage. Marmots CT venting system removes condensation, assuring you stay dry. DAC Featherlite poles, nylon body and polyester fly provide lightweight structural integrity. 95x60. Floor 40 sq.ft. (12 sq.ft. vestibule). Ht. 42. Stuff size 7x20, 7 lb. 11 oz. Overstock. China.

- Sierra Trading Post

Marmot Screech

The Screech has been discontinued.

The Marmot Screech is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new 3-4 season convertible tent, check out the best reviewed current models.