Marmot Spire Jacket

I have used it in a few "normal" situations (sea level,…

Price Paid: less than EUR 300

I have used it in a few "normal" situations (sea level, tropical) as well as to climb 4000+ m peaks on the Alps and it always performed great. I was dressed in layers and I did not feel any wind at all on upper body, arms and head. I did not test it with super-heavy rain but I felt pretty dry on all occasions.

I am planning to use it now on the Andes and I expect great things.

Ive been in some pretty windy conditions with it and…

Fabric: Gore tex

Ive been in some pretty windy conditions with it and the hood works fine. In heavy rain, it leaks thru near the hands, because of the lack of Gore-tex there. With wind driven rain it sorta gets in near the chin area, even if the hood is tightened, but that may be because it used to be big on me.

All the other features work fine, including the powder skirt. The inside can get a bit stained from sweat though... Not sure what that does to the waterproof performance of it.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Men's Spire Jacket, please share your experience.