Marmot Sun Ribbon

I have been thru-hiking for several years and wanted…

Design: top loading; internal frame
Size: 3800
Number of Pockets: 3 zipper; 2 pouches
Max. Load Carried: 25 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5'-6"

I have been thru-hiking for several years and wanted to upgrade my backpack. After much research I chose the Sun Ribbon. I liked the large external pockets which allow easy access to misc. items along the trail and the two deep side pouches are great for keeping water bottles handy.

The heavy-duty zippers are easy to find and never snag plus a water-proof bottom compartment was perfect for stashing my sleeping bag. The removable lid offers lots of storage and adjusts for any size load. (I've used the lid as a fanny/day pack simply by attaching a couple straps).

I had a difficult time adjusting my old pack to fit my long torso but this pack feels well balanced and comfortable no matter how much I carry thanks to the adjustable belt and specially designed harness straps. I try to keep what I carry under 20lbs. but have hauled over 25lbs on occasion.

At a little over 5lbs. (when empty) this pack is relatively light compared to the loads of space it has to carry what you need for multiple days on the trail. No matter the terrain or environment this pack has performed well and has proven to be durable. A comfortable backpack makes every hike more enjoyable.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Marmot Women's Sun Ribbon Pack (Fall 2006) Specifications for the Sun Ribbon Pack by Marmot Sizes: Small & Medium Body: LTD Nylon 420d HD Small Rip Volume (US/Metric): Med. 3800 ci / 62 liters Weight (US/Metric): Med. 5lb 5 oz / 2.4 kg Features: Arc Energy Suspension Interchangeable Women's waist belt Interchangeable deep S-curve shoulderpads Sleeping bag compartment Sleeping pad straps Twin vertical column pockets Differential double bottom

The Marmot Women's Sun Ribbon Backpack provides 3800cu in of space to pack four days of camping gear, and it has excellent support to ensure comfortable days on the trail. Its Arc Energy frame uses three aluminum stays and a specially contoured waist-belt to make it comfortable to carry even if you load every bit of its 3800cu in volume. Large vertical front pockets keep your headlamp, map, water, layers, gloves, and other necessities easily accessible, so you don't have to dig through everything when you need sunscreen. Now load up the Sun Ribbon Backpack, take four days off work, and enjoy some time on the trail.

- Backcountry Outlet

Marmot Sun Ribbon

The Sun Ribbon has been discontinued.

The Marmot Sun Ribbon is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen September 19, 2008 at Moosejaw.