men's
Main Material WINDSTOPPER® Softshell 100% Polyester Stretch 5.4 oz / yd, WINDSTOPPER® Softshell 81% Nylon 15% Polyester 4% Elastane Stretch 9.5 oz / yd

Versatile, robust, reliable and stretchy softshell…

Summary

Versatile, robust, reliable and stretchy softshell for 4-season mountain action.

Pros

• Good fit, comfortable, stretchy for climbing
  • Windproof
  • Water resistant
  • Robust and reliable

I've used this jacket for 4 years now and I like it a lot. Three seasons alpine climbing and winter ski touring, it exceeded my expectations.

First of all I have to say it's very comfortable and pretty light. It's perfect for alpine climbing, completely windproof, with stretchy arms and helmet compatible hood. I found out then it can handle very well also moderate rain (1-2 hours) and it's very resistant to rock abrasion.

During summer, spring and autumn I confidently use it when climbing multipitch routes in alpine environment. Sometimes just in combination with a tshirt if the weather is good. Does not bring important warmth as outer layer, its primary role is to protect.

Performs admirably also in winter.  It's breathable and can take loads of snow without wetting your inner layer.

Summarizing, I learned this is a very reliable softshell jacked for intense action, in all seasons. Very recommendable. I think this model cannot be found anymore on the market, but probably Marmot has a successor to it.

A good all round soft shell for mild weather. I have…

Fabric: Gore Windstop

A good all round soft shell for mild weather. I have not taken it to any snow yet. Very good flexibility around the arms, so a good choice for action.