Marmot Super Mica Jacket

men's
Weight 8.7 oz / 246.6 g
Main Material MemBrain® Strata™ 100% Nylon Ripstop 2.2 oz / yd

The best raincoat is the one you have with you. This…

Summary

The best raincoat is the one you have with you. This jacket is so light there is never a reason not to carry it. However, I carry it only when I don't really expect significant rain. This is because it is so light that it is not really a hard shell—a little wind blows it against your skin/base layer, making it colder than a stiff hard shell. If I know it will rain, I would carry a heavier, stiffer jacket or at least a fleece to keep this jacket off my arms.

Pros

• Pit zips

Cons

• It is colder than a true hard shell in wet, windy conditions
  • It starts to wet out faster than I would expect for a new rain coat
  • At $200, this is pricy for the value

I am a fan of Marmot clothing because it frequently offers the best balance of ultralight weight, performance and price.  This jacket pushes the envelope a bit in that it is SO LIGHT that it barely performs its function. I refer to the very-thin fabric that, in a wind, hugs my arms and makes me colder than I would be with my Arc'teryx Alpha SL

If I know it will rain, I will carry the extra weight of the Arc'teryx or perhaps my very-old Marmot Precip.  I am not unhappy with the jacket, but its function is limited to hikes where it MIGHT rain. I would recommend it, but only if you have the $$ to spare for this limited functionality.

Visit Marmot's Men's Super Mica Jacket page.

Marmot Super Mica Jacket for Men Stay warm and comfortable with this stylish Marmot Super Mica Jacket for Men. A NanoPro Membrain shell gives you optimum breathability, ensuring you don t get too hot. This jacket is durable, yet it features lightweight materials, weighing only 9oz. Thanks to pit zips, you have the chance to air out the jacket, preventing you from overheating. And, Angel-Wing Movement sleeves prevent you from being constricted. Asymmetrical cuffs give you more coverage. The seams are completely tapped, which blocks out the elements. Enjoy the outdoors like never before with this dynamic Marmot Super Mica Jacket for men.

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Marmot Men's Super Mica Jacket FEATURES of the Marmot Men's Super Mica Jacket Marmot nanopro membrain waterproof, breathable stretch fabric 100% seam taped Gale force hood with laminated moldable brim Pitzips with water resistant zippers Pack pockets with water-resistant zippers Duralite zonal reinforcements Asymmetric cuffs with velcro adjustment Elastic draw cord hem Angel-wing movement SPECIFICATIONS of the Marmot Men's Super Mica Jacket Athletic fit Center Back Length: 29in. Weight: 10 oz / 283.5 g Nanopro membrain 100% nylon mini ripstop 2.5 oz/yd

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

Can the hyper-classic, ultralight and award-winning Super Mica Jacket get any better? We think, yes. The big brother to the wildly popular Mica Jacket, the Super Mica is now updated with our state-of-the-art 2.5-layer NanoPro MemBrain fabric. Supercharged with increased breathability, this jacket is stacked with a multitude of pro features like Dura-Lite zonal reinforcements and PitZips. Stuff the whole kit into less than nine ounces ? go anywhere, do anything, be comfortable.

- RockCreek refers to the men's version

Marmot's Super Mica Jacket is durable, with pro features, and then bring the whole package in at just under an incredible nine ounces. Plus it has been updated with Marmot's NanoPro MemBrain fabric which makes it waterproof and breathable.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version