Marmot Talus 36

I've used my Talus 36 pack now about 40 to 50 times…

Price Paid: Don't Remember

I've used my Talus 36 pack now about 40 to 50 times per year over the last six years in just about every condition imaginable and really like it.

For about 7 months of the year I'm taking lots of winter gear so it's important that I can lash on skis, snowshoes and crampons and still maintain a balanced load. This pack has a great waistband and adjustment straps so you don't feel the weight like you do with a lot of other packs this size.  I also like the two large outer pockets for storing food, hats and gloves for easy access as well as the top sunglass pocket which I use for my GPS.

The only drawback I've found is that it's not as waterproof as I would have liked for the weather here in the NW. I know I could us a pack cover but they are hard to use with bulky gear strapped on the outside.

Marmot's Talus 36 is a panel loader designed for ski touring, hiking and traveling. Available in: Pacifica/Stardust (Blue) and Dk Real Red Marmot Talus 36 Features: Shell material: 420d Broken Twill Nylon Reinforcement: 860d HT Nylon Weight: Medium: 3lb 0 ozs / 1.3 kg Large: 3lb 6 ozs / 1.5 kg Volume (inches): Medium: 2200 Large: 2400 Volume (metric): Medium: 36 Large: 39 Removable 3D DriClime® mesh belt Double bellows pocket Padded sunglasses pocket Water bottle pockets Ultralight Frame System Compression Molded Backpanel

- OMCgear

This panel-loading Marmot® daypack offers all the technical features you'll need for a great day hike, ski touring or an ultra-light overnight. Main compartment provides room for gear, food and the Ten Essentials. Double bellows pocket and padded sunglasses pocket provide storage for quick-access items such as energy bars and maps, plus protection for eyewear. Dual mesh pockets cinch tight to secure water bottles. Daisy chain and ice axe loop with retainer let you strap and lash extra gear. Marmot's BioSpan™ load-transfer system properly distributes weight over the back's middle area and lumbar region for carrying comfort. Fixed, S-curved padded shoulder straps combine with a removable 3D DriClime® waistbelt to provide a supportive fit with maximum breathability. Ultralight Frame System with an HDPE sheet and single aluminum stay evenly distribute the load for a stable, comfortable carry. Compression-molded backpanel with air channels for ventilation gives a high level of comfort and durability. Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying. Constructed of 420-denier broken twill nylon with 860-denier high-tenacity nylon reinforcements for excellent abrasion resistance and tear strength. Closeout.

The Talus 36 by Marmot is a panel loader designed for ski touring, hiking and traveling. Ultralight Frame System Compression Molded Backpanel Removable 3D DriClime mesh belt Double bellows pocket Padded sunglasses pocket Water bottle pockets Body: 420d Broken Twill Nylon Reinforcement: 860d HT Nylon Volume: M; 2200 ci/36 l L; 2400 ci/39l Weight: M; 3 lb 0 oz/1.3 kg L; 3 lb 6 oz/1.5 kg

Marmot Talus 36

The Talus 36 has been discontinued.

The Marmot Talus 36 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 11, 2006 at OMCgear.