Marmot Talus 36

I've used my Talus 36 pack now about 40 to 50 times…

Price Paid: Don't Remember

I've used my Talus 36 pack now about 40 to 50 times per year over the last six years in just about every condition imaginable and really like it.

For about 7 months of the year I'm taking lots of winter gear so it's important that I can lash on skis, snowshoes and crampons and still maintain a balanced load. This pack has a great waistband and adjustment straps so you don't feel the weight like you do with a lot of other packs this size.  I also like the two large outer pockets for storing food, hats and gloves for easy access as well as the top sunglass pocket which I use for my GPS.

The only drawback I've found is that it's not as waterproof as I would have liked for the weather here in the NW. I know I could us a pack cover but they are hard to use with bulky gear strapped on the outside.

Marmot Talus 36

The Talus 36 has been discontinued.

The Marmot Talus 36 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 11, 2006 at OMCgear.