Marmot Whitehorse Parka

Weight 3 lb 3 oz / 1445.8 g
Main Material Membrain® 2L 100% Nylon Oxford 5.0 oz / yd
Lining Material 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.8 oz / yd
Insulation Material 650 Fill Goose Down

While I haven't tried in cold weather yet, it's easy…

While I haven't tried in cold weather yet, it's easy to tell this parka will be very warm. It is very well made and with lots of down. The only thing is I wear a large.

I'm a 42 and the product description rated the large to fit 42-46. The large was too big for me. It will work great for when I stop moving to put on over my layers to stay warm until I start moving again. I also bought a medium that fits great for around town.

This seems to be a fantastic parka to me.

Four hours using a snow blower while 15 inches of…

Fill: 650 Down

Four hours using a snow blower while 15 inches of snow fell and not a spot of dampness in the jacket. Using the hood and enclosing flaps, I was warm as toast. The wind, sometimes gusting to 35 mph, made moving the snow very hard, but I never felt the cold. Later that week we temps in the single digits, with moderate winds, this jacket is the best down jacket I've ever owned.

My old LL Bean jacket, usually soaked through in heavy snow, and with wind you always felt the cold coming through the jacket weave. You can stand with the wind in your face and your chest and shoulders never feel the cold. I wore a tee shirt one day while out with my labrador, only my face got cold.

Excellent product, shell seems to take traveling through the brush well; bit a bit overly large. I am 5'9", 255 and purchased the extra large. A large would have been fine; I have room for a heavy wool shirt and a down vest under the jacket.

Overall, stitching, zippers, etc. and materials get an A+. Jacket is worth every penny

Visit Marmot's Whitehorse Parka page.

Braving a snowstorm in Central Park or trying to shovel your driveway in the middle of a blizzard, Marmot's Whitehorse Parka for Men is built for you. Waterproof and breathable thanks to Marmot MemBrain fabric and insulated with 650 fill down, this parka, complete with removable, insulated hood, powder skirt, and large front flap pockets will give you confidence to step out into any storm.

- Altrec Outdoors

The designers of the men's Marmot Tamarack Pant used waterproof, breathable, and highly abrasion resistant MemBrain fabric is seam taped and micro stitched to create this durable outdoor pant. Tailored to help you move over any terrain with ease thanks to an athletic cut and built-in anatomic articulation zones. Plenty of zippered and water-resistant pockets hold your essentials, and features like boot loops and ankle zippers cater to the extreme adventure set.

- RockCreek

On Sale. Free Shipping. Marmot Men's Whitehorse Parka DECENT FEATURES of the Marmot Men's Whitehorse Parka Marmot MemBrain Waterproof/Breathable Fabric Front Flap Pockets with Handwarmer Pockets Zip-Off Down-Filled Hood Flash Pocket Elastic Draw Cord Waist and Hem Inside Zip Pocket Powder Skirt with Pocket Adjustable Collar Cord Handwarmer Pockets Adjustable Velcro/ Elastic Cuffs Angel-Wing Movement The SPECS of the Marmot Men's Whitehorse Parka Weight: 3 lbs 3 oz / 1446 g Center Back Length: (M): 33in. MemBrain 2L 100% Nylon Oxford 5.0 oz/yd Lining: 100% Polyester Embossed WR 1.8 oz/yd

You don't have to be a knight in shining armor to appreciate the waterproof, down-filled Whitehorse Jacket from Marmot. Even so, it'll likely come to your rescue at some point, with warm, thick, 650-fill down insulation, a waterproof MemBrain shell, and plenty of pocket space and ample adjustment options, you have the right fit and stay well-stocked with the gear you need.

- Mountain Gear

Marmot Whitehorse Parka

The Marmot Whitehorse Parka is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2014 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.