Marmot Whitehorse Parka

While I haven't tried in cold weather yet, it's easy…

While I haven't tried in cold weather yet, it's easy to tell this parka will be very warm. It is very well made and with lots of down. The only thing is I wear a large.

I'm a 42 and the product description rated the large to fit 42-46. The large was too big for me. It will work great for when I stop moving to put on over my layers to stay warm until I start moving again. I also bought a medium that fits great for around town.

This seems to be a fantastic parka to me.

Four hours using a snow blower while 15 inches of…

Fill: 650 Down

Four hours using a snow blower while 15 inches of snow fell and not a spot of dampness in the jacket. Using the hood and enclosing flaps, I was warm as toast. The wind, sometimes gusting to 35 mph, made moving the snow very hard, but I never felt the cold. Later that week we temps in the single digits, with moderate winds, this jacket is the best down jacket I've ever owned.

My old LL Bean jacket, usually soaked through in heavy snow, and with wind you always felt the cold coming through the jacket weave. You can stand with the wind in your face and your chest and shoulders never feel the cold. I wore a tee shirt one day while out with my labrador, only my face got cold.

Excellent product, shell seems to take traveling through the brush well; bit a bit overly large. I am 5'9", 255 and purchased the extra large. A large would have been fine; I have room for a heavy wool shirt and a down vest under the jacket.

Overall, stitching, zippers, etc. and materials get an A+. Jacket is worth every penny

If you've owned or used a Marmot Whitehorse Parka, please share your experience.

Marmot Whitehorse Parka

The Marmot Whitehorse Parka is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2014 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new down insulated jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.

Weight 3 lb 3 oz / 1445.8 g