Marmot Wizard

I bought this bag as a light weight three season bag.

Design: mummy long
Fill: Polarguard 3D
Temperature Rating: 15-25 F
Weight: 3lbs 8oz

I bought this bag as a light weight three season bag. But with a 15 degree rating, which is a true 15 degrees, has kept me warm on many late fall, early spring trips. My companions would lug their winter bags in expedition size packs, while I was hiking with an overnight pack. The Wizard is a great bag because there are so many size options. Anyone can fit into this bag. I am a 6'3" with broad shoulders. I needed the long but decided against a wide.

The best feature of this bag is the Dryclime fabric. Do not confuse this with Dryloft, Dryclime is a lining that feels like fleece. In the summer the bag does not stick to ones skin, and in winter the bag is not cold on entering.

I use a Granit Gear compression sack for this bag so it packs to the size of a small watermelon. Along with every sleeping bag, the life of the loft will be prolonged if it is kept in a semi-lofted state.

I have slept in YNF, Sierra Design, MH, FF, and Moonstone bags, but this is my favorite all around bag. I could of spent more money, but this bag was everything I was looking for.

I have used this bag for 6 years now and it is just…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Polarguard
Temperature Rating: 15 F

I have used this bag for 6 years now and it is just now starting to lose a bit of its loft. It has kept we warm and toasty in temps below 15. The Polarguard dries fast and is great in wet conditions.

If you've owned or used a Marmot Wizard, please share your experience.