Masters Kompressor Top

I've used this pole for 8 seasons in the Colorado…

I've used this pole for 8 seasons in the Colorado Rockies, Collegiate Peaks, near Buena Vista, CO. I researched trekking poles because I'm an old guy, 63, with well worn knees. The poles have helped me add my upper body strength effectively to hiking and backpacking. They've help take strain off my knees and wonderfully enhance my stability across a variety of terrains and water obstacles.

These poles have been excellent. They've taken a beating and never failed me. The twist locking system is quick and easy to use and has never slipped. They have a good range of extension and retraction. You can turn the compression on and off easily. The 15 degree angled hand grips are mile after mile comfortable and grip well.

They been used for all types of tent pole applications and have worked very well.

My poles are old and well used by any standards, but I have no intention of replacing them.

The Masters Kompressor Top Trekking Pole was rated number one out of eight different trekking poles in the December 2000 issue of BACKPACKER magazine.

- Backcountry Outlet

Masters Kompressor Top

The Masters Kompressor Top is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 7, 2007 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new rigid trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.