Mautz Fire Ribbon

Instant fire in a tube. Mautz Fire Ribbon is a naptha…

Price Paid: ??

Summary

Instant fire in a tube.

Pros

• Seems to work all the time
  • Excellent backup fire

Mautz Fire Ribbon is a naptha paste in a tube (translate that to napalm). While it can actually be used to cook with, the odor would be somewhat displeasing.

My main use for the product is for priming my gasoline stoves, especially if I need to use them in a tent. The paste is easy to place in the spirit cup of the stove, and it burns hot without the typical flaring that occurs with gasoline priming.

On the package Mautz advertises the Fire Ribbon will "light wet wood". One time during winter when my climbing partner and I had the conversation "I thought you brought the stove", we found out the Mautz was telling the truth! The Fire Ribbon not only lit the wet wood, but burned hot enough to dry the wood sufficiently to cook our dinner. Never again will I go out without it.

There are some "bargain" brands competing with Mautz, but I've found Mautz still outperforms the competition.

Works great to start fires in damp conditions. Lights…

Works great to start fires in damp conditions. Lights quickly and burns hot.

Downsides are petroleum smell that can get on hands or gear and the rather large size of the tube.

Easy-to-use -- and safe -- fire starter that burns even on ice. Do away with kindling!

- EMS

Hey not everyone is an Eagle Scout and can start a fire on a whim. This fire-starter is essential when out in the backcountry, because you just never know when those long rainy nights need a good fire to keep you warm. Please use extreme caution when using this product or any flammable substance. This product cannot be shipped USPS, so we will change shipping services if we need to.

- Mountain Hideaway

Fire starter paste comes in a tube, for priming backpacking stoves or as an emergency fire starter. Tube packaging lets you use as little or as much as you need.

Mautz Fire Ribbon - For easy, instant fire starting with no flare-back, Ideal for campers, hunters, fisherman, hikers, and skiers, Squeeze on charcoal or wood, Not affected by damp conditions, heat, or cold, Odorless and tasteless; 3.75 ounces; dozens of starts per tube, Item contains flammables.

- Massey's Outfitters