McNett MiraZyme Odor Eliminator

This is a product that you can spray on your clothes…

Summary

This is a product that you can spray on your clothes to remove odors.

Pros

• Easy to apply
  • Safe for many different technical fabrics and wetsuits
  • Helps take the stink out

Cons

• Doesn't completely eliminate odors for all fabrics

Let's face it, there are just some fabrics that hold onto the smell of perspiration. As a triathlete I have several synthetic technical fabric shirts and even after washing them, they still smell.

I have tried a variety of special detergents: Penguin Wash, Win, Sport Suds, and a few others. They do better than regular detergent, but there are always a few shirts that still reek even after multiple washes. So I tried the Mirazyme.

You can either add a capful to a bucket of water and dip the clothes or you can mix it with water in a spray bottle and spray it on. While it did not completely remove odors from my most offensive smelling clothing, it did considerably cut down the odor better than the other detergents I have tried.

I tried it on a couple different materials. It did not seem to work on a bamboo blend shirt I have, but did do a decent job on my cycling jerseys. It also helped take the stink out of my sandals.

So far this is the best product I have used, but I still would not call it an "eliminator." I used the concentration described in the instructions on the bottle. A stronger concentration may have yielded better results.

Thanks for the review, Allison. I had a pair of shoes I finally pitched because I could get rid of the smell. Wish I had tried this first.

DrPhun

I have used this, but by soaking in a solution per the instructions, not with a spray bottle. It worked amazingly well. I had an old pack and some old canvas luggage that had developed that nasty mildewy smell and it worked well on that. On a related note, apparently the newest fad is to never wash your jeans - just put them in the freezer when they start to smell and it kills the smell (not sure I believe it, but just saying).