$279.00 CAD

Okay, just got this tent today. I bought this with…

Design: 4-season freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: 3.1 kg package weight
Price Paid: CAD $269

Okay, just got this tent today. I bought this with the intention to use it as a mountaineering tent. Most probably will bring along this tent for my coming winter trip to Sichuan, China. I'll just do a review based on my initial impression. Haven't got the chance to put it under test in the mountain.

The set-up is quite easy (ok, it's in my room),using the clips to atttach the body to the poles is a cinch, easier than the type which requires you to push the poles through the sleeves. I had the chance to pitch the MHW EV2 the other day at an outdoor shop. The TGV is very similar to EV2 in many ways, the shape, the fast set-up except the weight (3kg compared to 2kg) and the price :)

However, there's one problem I foresee with this tent, the ventilation of the tent. There's only mesh window on the inner tent. Condensation is a big concern here. Workmanship wise, I find the seam-sealing a good feature. Will write a new review after I put this baby to test in the mountain.

No price on record.

The MEC TGV 2 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

MSR Evo Ascent Review

Gregory Baltoro 65 Review

Weegie Weekenders

High Sierra Wheeled Double Adjustable Ski Bag Review

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?