Meindl Taiga

I have purchased two pair of the Taiga boots over…

Price Paid: approximately 200 dollars

I have purchased two pair of the Taiga boots over the past 2 decades. They are exceptional in ankle support, water tightness, and really bite into the side of a hill when climbing upward.

I have used them on uneven terrain on turkey hunts in the Southern Appalachians for years and have been very impressed with their traction and support. I have put the boots through some tough workouts, and each pair has lasted 9-10 seasons.

I am presently ordering my third pair. I have never experienced a better product for the money.

I wore both of these boots in the Yakutsk region of…

Materials: Leather/Plastic
Use: Mountains/sheep hunting
Break-in Period: three weeks
Weight: 3 1/2-4 lbs

I wore both of these boots in the Yakutsk region of Siberia for three weeks on a sheep hunt and later on in the Kamchatka penninsula. They have incredible strength and ankle support if you're high and climbing in shale. They are the finest boots I have ever worn and I've worn most of them including military issue in the USMC.

If you've owned or used a Meindl Taiga, please share your experience.

Meindl Taiga

The Meindl Taiga is not available from the stores we monitor.