Merrell Avian Light Mid Waterproof

Weight 1 lb 10 oz
Sizes 5 - 11 (Half Sizes)
Materials Waterproof Nubuck, Suede, Mesh Upper

Waterproof, good for narrow feet, super lightweight,…

Summary

Waterproof, good for narrow feet, super lightweight, durable Vibram sole.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Stays snug on feet

Cons

• The fabric is meant to keep moisture out, however if you have sweat feet it can keep the moisture locked up within the shoe as well.

I picked up these boots after having a terrible run-in with ill fitting hiking boots. Hoping for a happier ending, I tried these on. From the first time I wore them I could tell an immediate difference. They hugged my feet and kept my heels from slipping around (which is important because I have narrow feet).

Their claim of being waterproof is absolutely correct (I can walk through rain and snow without a second thought). They are also extremely lightweight and comfortable, which makes hiking in them for hours at a time not a problem.

The only con I have is the fact that they sometimes retain the moisture from when my feet sweat during hot days, however that problem was easily solved when I began wearing high content wool socks.