Merrell Chameleon II Traveler

The best pair of shoes I have ever owned! Hands down…

Summary

The best pair of shoes I have ever owned!

Hands down the best pair of shoes I have ever owned!

I wore these shoes every day for three years while working in a busy ski resort office. Shoe has enough style and simplicity that it was suitable for office wear and the durability to let me stand in the snow for long periods of time while keeping my toes toasty.

I still give them an annual seal before winter and wear them as often as possible. Seven years on they are still my go-to piece of footwear for winter. Only now have they started to come apart from the soles (more my fault than a design problem, I wore them last year without sealing the leather first and left them outside while I went on holidays for a month).

Wow I wish these shoes were more readily available in place of the too colorful for the workplace options that Merrell seems to send out on mass.

Welcome to Trailspace, Em! It sounds like you have been getting your money's worth out of these Merrells. Thanks for the review.

My go-to dress trail shoe. This is my go-to traveler…

Summary

My go-to dress trail shoe.

Pros

• Great looking
  • Well built
  • Versatile

This is my go-to traveler shoe. It looks dressy enough to replace a loafer but competent enough for trail duty. Very comfortable with outstanding traction.

The leather is very high quality and molds to your feet. You could even wear these to church and go directly to your local trail park and not miss a beat. I have yet to find a better Merrell to fit this niche.

I have also worn these in winter snow conditions and they work very well. If you can still find them, buy them while you can.

Great shoe. When I do not require the bulk of my Scarpas…

Materials: Leather
Use: Everything!
Break-in Period: Minimal. I started wearing them as soon as I got them and was doing light bush trails within a couple of days.
Weight: ?
Price Paid: A$130

Great shoe. When I do not require the bulk of my Scarpas the Merrells are what I use. Comfortable, durable and look good. I walk, jog, hike and even do the shopping in them.