Merrell Chameleon II Waterproof Mid

I have backpacked in a variety of climates with this…

I have backpacked in a variety of climates with this boot, on flat ground and up and down hills and mountains. This boot will keep your feet warm enough, dry, and comfortable. There is good support for your ankles as well as your arches. This is a great boot and will not disappoint you.

I've used a lot of boots in my time. I'm 5'7" 175lbs…

Use: backpacking
Break-in Period: None

I've used a lot of boots in my time. I'm 5'7" 175lbs and have been a scout in the army. I've had ankle surgery on my right ankle and left knee surgery. To use a boot that will give the support and comfort I need is always a must. This boot by Merrell is excellent. There are many questions I ask when looking for a hiking boot.
1. Are they comfortable?
2. Do they have the support I need?
3. Will they start coming apart?
4. Are they breatheable and waterproof?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes! These have been the best boot all around. For comfort, As soon as I put them on I knew it was a fit. I never had to break them in. I carry weight ranging from 30lbs to 65lbs. I've stomped through the Ozarks in Missouri and Arkansas without a blister. I did spary some waterproofer on for added security. Either way, no problems with anything.

My next purchase will be a set of Merrells upgrading to the Gore-tex lined boot. The Vibram soles are a must if wanting comfort with cushion.

Merrell Chameleon II Waterproof Mid

The Chameleon II Waterproof Mid has been discontinued.

The Merrell Chameleon II Waterproof Mid is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 30, 2007 at GearTrade.