Merrell Chameleon Wrap Gore-Tex XCR

I am 60 kg and was carrying a 10kg pack on a 5-day…

Price Paid: $340 NZ

Pros

• Comfortable in the dry
  • Good when not carrying a pack and new

Cons

• Failed in a 5-day tramp over NZ Routeburn track
  • Not waterproof
  • Footbed support did not hold up
  • Foot support became soft.

I am 60 kg and was carrying a 10kg pack on a 5-day guided walk, walking 6-8 hours per day. The terrain is reasonably rugged and stoney. The boots were wet through only twice. I'd worn them on light walks prior to ensure comfort. I had bought them specially for this trek as I prefer low ankle boots.

They did not last the distance and on the last two days on very rocky ground they became uncomfortable and water from the wet grass made my feet wet. Cleaning and drying them on returning home has not resurrected them and they are now only useful for gardening.

Most disappointing as my previous Salomon lasted years and many many tramps before being retired.

Just bought these on clearance two weeks ago - last…

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: short dayhikes, daily wear
Break-in Period: none

Just bought these on clearance two weeks ago - last pair in my size. Seemed meant to be.

I've only had them out once, on a rather light hike. I decided to see just how waterproof they are, and stood in the river up to the very top of the shoe. Feet stayed completely dry, and no traction was lost on the rocks.

I firmly endorse this product!

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Chameleon Wrap Gore-Tex XCR versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 18 reviews for other versions of the Chameleon Wrap Gore-Tex XCR. Read all reviews »

Merrell Women's Chameleon Wrap Gore-Tex XCR

The Women's Chameleon Wrap Gore-Tex XCR has been discontinued.

The Merrell Women's Chameleon Wrap Gore-Tex XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 3, 2009 at EMS.